[At-Large] Today: IGF Berlin Dynamic Coalition joint meeting of the DCs on Core Internet Values and the Internet of Things.

Sivasubramanian M 6.Internet at gmail.com
Fri Nov 29 07:28:20 UTC 2019

(copying Olivier's message from another list here, for ease of reference )

Session details for:

Part 1 from 9:30 until 11:00: https://sched.co/SU6C
Part 2 from 11:30 until 13:00: https://sched.co/SU6y

Remote Participation Information and Links:

Both sessions are in the same room, with the same zoom link for Raum IV in
the list of zoom links to remote participation found on page
https://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/content/igf-2019-online-participation

Sivasubramanian M

On Fri, Nov 29, 2019 at 11:46 AM sivasubramanian muthusamy <
6.internet at gmail.com> wrote:

> Please join us for the Joint DC-IoT / DC-CIV meeting at the IGF Berlin
>
> Today
>
> Friday November 29, 2019 09:30 - 13:00
> Raum IV Sonnenallee 225, 12057 Berlin, Germany
>

> Details:
> www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/content/igf-2019-data-governance-on-the-internet-space-by-the-internet-model
>
> https://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/content/igf-2019-accountable-development-purchase-and-use-of-iot
>

> Part I 9:30-11:00 - IOT - Avri Doria as moderator.
> Part II  11.30 - 1 am  - Olivier Crepin-LeBlond as moderator.
>
> 1. Intro by MB & OCL (10 minutes total)
>
> 2. What prerequisites are important from a security perspective, to ensure
> that IoT can be trusted not to be harmful to its users, nor the wider
> Internet; for example by, being weaponised as a tool for DDOS attacks or
> being used as attack vector on the users, themselves?
>
> 3. Actions that support a secure Internet (of Things), globally, across
> silos and geographies - what needs to be done (security by design for the
> world)
>
> 4. Open Discussion on IoT Security by Design
>
> 5. Sum up part 1 (5 minutes)
>
> 6. Preparing for Part II - Does IoT Security by Design break Core Internet
> Values? What ethical considerations are important in the deployment and use
> of IoT?
>
> --- 11 am Coffee BREAK ---
>
> Part II 11:30-13:00 - CIV - OCL moderating
>
> 1. Reviewing Part I on IoT (short summary and conclusions of Part 1) -
> Maarten Botterman
>
> 2. Reminder of Core Internet Values (Sivasubramanian Muthusamy - remotely)
>
> 3. What ethical considerations are important for development, deployment
> and use of IoT, in order to ensure that we are creating sustainable
> solutions with IoT? Aspects to be considered range from affordability and
> deployability where needed, to transparency of choice; clarity on data
> sharing and protection of privacy.
>
> (We will also examine Data Issues from the perspective of Stability and
> Resilience, by the topic "Data Governance on the Internet Space, by the
> Internet Model" with a view to argue for a harmonized global IG approach to
> Data Governance)
>
> 4. A summarised 6F Framework proposal - Alejandro Pisanty (3 pages)
>
> 5. Looking ahead – which issues will become relevant in the future for IoT
> development, affecting the broader Internet. This provides an open
> microphone for new issues to address in the context of future use of IoT
> and recognition of Core Internet Values.
>
> 6. Open Discussion
>
> -- end ---
>
> Confirmed speakers as follows:
>
> DC - IoT panelists include Chair: Maarten Botterman. Speakers, including:
> government officials, Frederic Donck, Internet Society, Eddan Katz, World
> Economic Forum, Max Senges, Google, Marco Hogewoning RIPE NCC, Jonathan
> Cave, University of Warwick, and others.
>
> DC - Core Internet Values panelists:

> [...]

Sivasubramanian M
Please send all replies to 6.Internet at gmail.com