[At-Large] ICANN Board Vice-Chair - Former ALAC Member

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Fri Nov 22 02:55:43 UTC 2019

With all the talk recently about our Board member Leon Sanchez, being
selected as Vice-Chair, I wanted to remind everyone that this is not
the first time that an ex-ALAC member has been so honoured.

It is worth remembering that Roberto Gaetano was an ALAC Member for 4
years, from 2003-2006, and was our first Liaison to the ICANN Board
for the entire period. In December, 2006 Roberto was appointed as a
full voting Board member by the NomCom, and was immediately elected
Vice-Chair, a position that he held for the duration of his term.

There are times when people leave the Board and sort of disappear.
That was not the case with Roberto, who is still one of At-Large's
most active members.

And as many of you know, he plays a pretty mean saxophone with the GEMS Band.

Here's to Roberto!

Alan