[At-Large] [BMSPC-2020] Board seat 15 selection

Christian cdel at firsthand.net
Thu Nov 21 18:25:30 UTC 2019

The 1997-2001 period is a different country. The question I have is
whether the sale of PIR by ISOC represents anything more than a bow to
the now completely obvious.

Domain name registration via ICANN structures is not a public interest
activity but a business with some strong cartel like features.

In this sense there is a real positive in ISOC acknowledging and
clarifying the bigger picture by removing itself. The disposal suggests
the need for a new approach by those concerned that people who are users
of Internet resources are under influential in a structural long term
sense in their governance and their management.

best Christian