[At-Large] Fwd: FW: The Board Leadership Slate - ICANN

Maureen Hilyard maureen.hilyard at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 23:26:42 UTC 2019

https://www.icann.org/news/blog/the-board-leadership-slate

*The Board Leadership Slate*

I have an important message to share with you.

The Board has selected Maarten Botterman as the next Chair of the ICANN
Board following the process outlined in the Board Governance Committee
Practice for Board Engagement in Developing Slate for Board Leadership
<https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/informing-leadership-slate-practice-23jun19-en.pdf>.
I am proud to welcome Maarten as my successor, and look forward to
supporting him and working with him toward a smooth transition.

I’m also pleased to announce that León Felipe Sánchez Ambia has been
selected Vice Chair. Many congratulations to León as he takes on this
important role.

They will be seated after the formal election that will take place at the
Annual Meeting at ICANN66 in Montréal. Our advance planning for the
transfer of those responsibilities will support continuity in ICANN's
service of its mission.

As part of this leadership change, current Vice Chair Chris Disspain has
stepped down from that role. In the interim, I will ask the Board to
appoint Maarten to serve as Vice Chair until he becomes Board Chair. I want
to thank Chris for his partnership as my Vice Chair over the past two
years. His knowledge and skills will remain a great asset to the Board over
the next year.

For your information, the other candidates for Chair were Chris Disspain
and Ron da Silva; the other candidate for Vice Chair was Becky Burr.

Congratulations to Maarten and León. They are exceptional leaders whose
fresh perspectives and insights will be of great value as ICANN embarks on
the 2021-2025 Strategic Plan.