[At-Large] Fwd: ATLASIII Participation

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Thu Jul 11 23:28:01 UTC 2019

No worries. Indeed, your comment makes me smile recalling some early
At-Large memories.

The first efforts to hold a Summit started in two places... Sébastien had
proposed it early on, and NARALO wanted one from its inception.

I was the first Chair of NARALO and Darlene Thompson was its first
Secretariat. I can still vividly recall the 4-way phone call during which
Nick Ashton-Hart (Heidi's predecessor) and his boss, Denise Michel, laid
down the law and instructed Darlene and me to stop pushing for this summit
thing. Absolutely no way in hell it was going to happen, they told us, so
we should stop wasting their time.

And yet here we are.

I think I can say with confidence and evidence that I have no problem with
ATLAS as a concept.

Cheers
Evan