[At-Large] Fwd: ATLASIII Participation

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Thu Jul 11 17:38:39 UTC 2019

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for the good words. Yes, I would be able to get to Montreal by
train. I know many of the good hotels and restaurants, maybe even some that
Alan doesn't know :-).
In fact, only two people from NARALO have been approved and they must be
new since don't know them.

I may still make it there due to an invitation to participate at NASIG
(thanks Glenn!). But it seems regrettable that the committee concluded that
one of the co-chairs of ATLAS 1 (and indeed one of the creators and
advocates of the ATLAS concept itself) would not be of value at ATLAS 3. I
wonder who else who may have been of value to one of ALAC's most critical
events -- ever -- has been left behind because of some dumb regulation.

- Evan