[At-Large] [Gnso-newgtld-wg] ALAC position on newgTLD subpro

John Laprise jlaprise at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 16:16:13 UTC 2019

Thanks Jeff,

We've been following the discussion and are in the process of producing
more detailed advice which will be forthcoming. However I can respond to
points 1 & 4 now.

It is our view that the subpro work is akin to refining the machinery while
initiating a round is using the machinery. One necessarily precedes the
other and we support the subpro work. We want it completed before we start
using it in the future.

On point 4: this is documented in ALACs #ICANN65 talking points document as
well as recordings and transcripts of ALAC's session with GDD. We've also
communicated this to the board with regularity and the other ACs. At
Large's Consolidated Policy Working Group (CPWG) will be providing further
detail as you requested.

Sent from my Pixel 3XL

John Laprise, Ph.D.