[At-Large] The Case for Regulatory Capture at ICANN | Review Signal Blog

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 08:40:00 UTC 2019

Sent from my mobile
Kindly excuse brevity and typos

On Wed, 26 Jun 2019, 15:58 Evan Leibovitch, <evan at telly.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Jun 2019 at 10:38, Seun Ojedeji <seun.ojedeji at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>> .
>>>

> We do not need to defend registrants, half of GNSO already does that. We
> are uniquely tasked with speaking for those who are completely outside the
> ICANN food chain. If we are incapable of finding a distinct voice, that's
> on us.

SO: Well your statement above does not seem be inline with the bylaws nor
is it entirely inline with the roles of ALAC as stated on the Atlarge
website[1]

I think it will be both interesting and unfortunate if Atlarge which was
the main voice within ICANN historically has evolved into one looking for a
voice.

Regards
1. https://atlarge.icann.org/about/alac-roles