[At-Large] Say Whut!

Evan Leibovitch evanleibovitch at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 08:27:12 UTC 2018

On Tue, Dec 11, 2018, 9:07 AM Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
wrote:

Our current plan going forward is to use those ALSes as a conduit to their
> members.

That's not the current plan, that's been the always plan since the ALS
concept was invented. What has changed now?

If it works, great. If it oesn't then it may well be the time to focus on
> phasing ALSes out. But I am optimistic.

It's now been a dozen years or so. How much longer will it take to prove or
disprove?

Bottom line is that except in a few relatively rare cases, work is done by
> people - wee need to find those people willing and interested to work,
> regardless of whether they are unaffiliated or hear about us through their
> ALS.

There are yet other ways of attracting them.

- Evan