[At-Large] Say Whut!

John More morej1 at mac.com
Mon Dec 10 17:42:42 UTC 2018

Evan

I agree with your direction. The ALS are somewhat of a joke.  Mostly just vehicles for individual involvement (not itself bad).  Part of their being somewhat of a “joke" is that most of what put forth for comment is of a technical character that is best worked on by those with the specific background needed.

A good measure of the ALS problem is the amount of energy that is devoted to trying to make certain that ALSs (=their representatives and “members?”) are minimally engaged.

There would be a benefit for an internal review of whether the ALAC can fulfill its bylaw purposes with its current structure and activities (as opposed to the broader ones you suggest).

Could start with a survey, as suggested by Christian.  DO NOT HIRE outside experts and consultants — major waste of money ALWAYS. More than enough talented and thoughtful people in the ALAC world.

John More