[At-Large] [registration-issues-wg] [CPWG] Registrants could save lots of money - Verisign Makesthe Case

Kan Kaili kankaili at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 11:23:53 UTC 2018

In other words, now ICANN is controlled by the DNS industry itself.  Thus, it cannot effectively regulate.  Unless ICANN undergoes a fundamental restructuring, I do not see a way out of this.

On the other hand, people are also skeptical about government regulation, especially from those governments who are not exactly "of the people, by the people, for the people".  This seems to leave netizens around the world nowhere.

Too bad.

Kaili