[At-Large] Fwd: For Sale - Entire names spaces.

Michele Neylon - Blacknight michele at blacknight.com
Thu Nov 1 14:41:25 UTC 2018

My home router has had its own domain on the internal network for years, so no need for a public one.
Sure, if you want to access it from *any* network you'd need to use a resolvable hostname OR a public IP, but for a lot of IoT devices you connect to a cloud service that is in communication with the devices on your home network

--
Mr Michele Neylon
Blacknight Solutions

On 31/10/2018, 15:49, "At-Large on behalf of Johan Helsingius" <at-large-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org on behalf of julf at julf.com> wrote:

    On 31-10-18 16:36, Carlos Raul Gutierrez wrote:
    > Just one simple to remember domain name (julf.garage) for your garage
    > door connection to your cloud Network of privatr IoT stuff, instead of
    > remembering the IPv6 of the damn door...

    Sure, but as long as I have .garage (or .julf, for garage.julf) only
    in my own internal name server, I don't need to own or register the
    domain in any way.

    	Julf