[At-Large] The Grumpies

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Tue Sep 25 20:28:28 UTC 2018

Well, not me this time.

https://grumpier.com.au/

Yes, it's about a ccTLD not under ICANN's domain (sorry). But it's an
informative take on how those who find themselves on the outside of the
multi-stakeholder model choose to fight back. Even more amusing is this
response
<https://mumbrella.com.au/why-we-should-care-about-changes-to-our-internet-domain-names-system-542531>
from an advisor to Affilias' takeover of .au domain management, complete
with the requisite IGO fearmongering

Without knowing the situation first-hand I am in no position to have a
position. But the drama is worth a look by the rest of the bubble, and a
warning to those who those who have captured ICANN to not take their
entitlements for granted. Meanwhile, locally, I imagine my Australian
friends and colleagues have other distractions
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blhR3sdkYCw>, no insult intended.

--
Evan Leibovitch, Toronto Canada
@evanleibovitch or @el56