[At-Large] IGF Village

Maureen Hilyard maureen.hilyard at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 20:27:46 UTC 2018

Greetings Roberto

I know that Glenn (wearing his ISOC hat as well as his NARALO hat)
organised the booth for *AT-LARGE *ALS and ISOC Chapters (those that are
already ALSes and any others that want to join).

At the time, no-one had any idea if they would be able to go, and as a
PICISOC member, I went along with it because basically it was focusing on
At-Large and encouraging more members into the fold which was our big focus
last year. Glenn and I were sponsored last year by ICANN specifically for
this booth and its purpose, but that funding area has dried up

I see this as  more along the same lines as last year, but focusing a
little more on the potential target for more ALS members from ISOC Chapters
which are an already established community group with a known
internet-related interest..

Although I have had several invitations to participate in sessions, I don't
have funding to attend the IGF. But Glenn is the one to talk to.

I know that if need be I could ask for At-Large to join with a group from
the Pacific - associated with one of our ALSes. (In the Pacific, most of
the members of nationally-based ALSes, are already members of the regional
ISOC Pacific Islands Chapter.)

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 6:55 AM, Roberto Gaetano <roberto_gaetano at hotmail.com