[At-Large] [lac-discuss-en] Vistaprint is abandoning .vista

bzs at theworld.com bzs at theworld.com
Sun Jul 15 18:37:32 UTC 2018

On July 14, 2018 at 20:01 6.internet at gmail.com (sivasubramanian muthusamy) wrote:
 > Your question "who defines..." reverberates questions such as "who defines what
 > is good",  and "who defines what is harmful and what is not". These  are good
 > questions, but often used to divert the very suggestion of doing good. The
 > complexities in defining a notion shouldn't deter us from chosing an
 > appropriate path.

A very big problem is "least common denominator".

By which I mean any global organization is likely to descend into
policies which, depending on the specific approval process, will yield
a majority or even an absence of any objections.

Purely as an example to ponder let me offer:

  Man jailed for 35 years in Thailand for insulting monarchy on Facebook

  https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jun/09/man-jailed-for-35-years-in-thailand-for-insulting-monarchy-on-facebook

--
        -Barry Shein