[At-Large] [lac-discuss-en] Vistaprint is abandoning .vista

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 00:44:31 UTC 2018

It really isn't a personal opinion; the facts are undeniable by virtue of
the admitted regulatory signs.

It is in ICANN's power to gift a resource, set the requirements by which
one can be gifted, set the rules for use of resource, charge and punish
violations of the rules as appropriate and exact a fee for gifting that
resource.  Anywhere else in Christendom and the known sensate world, those
activities are the very definition of a regulator.

ICANN has managed to convince itself and would wish to make accommodating
idiots of the rest of us because it is politically difficult to do
otherwise. I get the politics of it. But to ask me to deny the evidence of
my two lying eyes and what is plainly the case in reason and judgment is a
bridge too far. The Christian bible has a line in it "in Christ all things
are possible". I would add a caution to that declaration:  Save and except
to take me for an idiot.

-Carlton

*Carlton A Samuels*

*Mobile: 876-818-1799Strategy, Process, Governance, Assessment & Turnaround*