[At-Large] Joint NCUC-At Large outreach session on Saturday afternoon

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Sat Mar 10 13:51:56 UTC 2018

Hello all,

join us this afternoon at the joint NCUC-At Large outreach session. It's
open to *everyone* !

Breaking the silos: Find your place at ICANN! Joint NCUC-At Large outreach

ICANN 61, San Juan, PR, Saturday 10 March 2018, 15:15-16:45

Meeting Page: https://61.schedule.icann.org/meetings/647546

.

 1.

    Session description:

Building on the success of the joint NCUC-EURALO session at ICANN 58 and
NCUC-At-Large session during ICANN 60, this session represents a joint
event of the NonCommercial Users Constituency (ncuc.org) and At-Large
(atlarge.icann.org) for local Academia, Civil Society, and individual
users. It will be built around specific issues of interest to inform the
audience about ongoing policy processes at ICANN and discuss in an
interactive manner how people and organisations wanting to join can
contribute.

 2.

    Agenda and resource persons:

AGENDA

(Moderators: Tatiana Tropina and Olivier Crépin-Leblond)

1) How not to drown in the acronym soup? Introduction to ICANN, NCUC and
At-Large: (20 minutes)

  *

    NCUC and its governance (Louise Marie Hurel + Renata Aquino
    @renataaquino - remotely) (4 min)

  *

    What is At-Large and how is it governed? (Tijani Ben Jemaa) (4 min)

  *

    What is the difference between NCUC and At-Large? Do we also have
    different positions on various issues? (examples: consumer trust /
    privacy / freedom of speech) (Milton Mueller and Olivier) (9 min)

  *

    What can we do together and how we cooperate? (Olivier and Tatiana)
    (3 min)

2) What are we working on? Some insights into ICANN policy world (40
minutes)

  *

    GDPR Compliance at ICANN: top down and bottom up (Ayden Ferdeline  +
    Holly Raiche)

  *

    The future of human rights in ICANN’s policy considerations (Collin
    Kurre + Bastiaan Goslings)

  *

    Geo names at New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Work Track 5: In the
    trenches (Robin Gross + Cheryl Langdon-Orr)

3) Navigating ICANN maze: how to get involved? (10 min)

  *

    Joining PDPs, WGs and other processes: NCUC and At-Large perspective
     (Rafik Dammak + Sebastien Bachollet)

  *

    Grabbing a pen? Public Comments: NCUC and At-Large perspective
    (Rafik Dammak +  Bastiaan Goslings)

4) Ok, you did a great job! Now get serious and take a leadership
opportunity (15 minutes )

  *

    Opportunities at NCUC (5 min - Bruna Santos)

  *

    Opportunities in At-Large (5 min - Glenn McKnight @inkmedia )

  *

    Global Stakeholder Engagement (5 min - Adam Peake)

5) Wrap up (5 minutes)

  *

    NCUC: Bruna/Elsa

  *