[At-Large] FCC TO SCRAP NET NEUTRALITY, ICANN NOT AFFECTED.

Bastiaan Goslings bastiaan.goslings at ams-ix.net
Tue Dec 5 08:19:57 UTC 2017

> On 5 Dec 2017, at 05:09, Bill Silverstein <icann-list at sorehands.com> wrote:
>
> Maybe John is looking at the fact that ICANN refuses to do what they were
> supposed to do.

Sorry, Bill: irrespective of whether you have a point here, this type of unsubstantiated statement (‘fact’?) is exactly why I, without having read the FCC doc, sympathise with John’s line of reasoning. Until further notice. Happy to be proven wrong, but too I would appreciate ‘Specific examples please, preferably with paragraph references.’

(Obviously this worrying development hit the press in my part of the world too. Again, I have not read the FCC doc, and no it doubt it is an interesting piece of work. ALAC/At-Large however is supposedly already struggling with getting volunteers involved in actual ICANN related (policy) work, so it would be helpful IMO to determine whether is has an impact and deserves our time/resources and attention in that context. If not, then I’d suggest to move the exchange on this topic elsewhere.)

thanks
Bastiaan