[At-Large] FCC TO SCRAP NET NEUTRALITY

William Michael Cunningham williamcunningham840 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 00:42:49 UTC 2017

FCC rules concerning net neutrality are certainly within ICANN's scope. I
encourage an actual reading of the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking. We have
linked specific sectiuons to ICANN policies and procedures, as I am sure
other have. https://apps.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-17-60A1.pdf

On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 7:09 PM, Javier Rua <javrua at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have an article on this coming out in a local business focused internet
> newspaper soon.  I’ll share when it comes out.
>

> Javier Rúa-Jovet
>
> +1-787-396-6511 <(787)%20396-6511>
> twitter: @javrua
> skype: javier.rua1
> https://www.linkedin.com/in/javrua
>

> El dic. 4, 2017, a la(s) 7:36 p. m., Glenn McKnight <
> mcknight.glenn at gmail.com> escribió:
>
> It really doesn't but  an interesting topic outside of the narrow scope of
> ICANN
>
> Glenn McKnight
> NARALO Secretariat
> mcknight.glenn at gmail.com
> skype  gmcknight
> twitter gmcknight
> 289-830 6259 <(289)%20830-6259>
> .
>
> On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 6:31 PM, John R. Levine <johnl at iecc.com> wrote:
>
>> I agree this isn't a great move but what relation does this have to ICANN?
>>

>> On Mon, 4 Dec 2017, Kris Seeburn wrote:
>>

>>> Trump’s FCC Chair, Ajit Pai, just released his plan to kill net
>>> neutrality.
>>>
>>> Pai’s plan scraps the legal requirements underpinning Title II
>>> regulations and opens the door to internet slow lanes and monopolies over
>>> broadband networks.1
>>>
>>> And Pai has scheduled a December 14 vote—just three weeks from now—to
>>> approve his plan.
>>>
>>> Pai has said that he believes that Big Cable should regulate itself when
>>> it comes to the free and open internet.
>>>
>>> But even with net neutrality rules in place, companies such as Verizon,
>>> AT&T, and Comcast have broken the regulations over and over and over. In
>>> just two years, the FCC has received more than 40,000 net neutrality
>>> complaints from consumers.2
>>>
>>> If Title II protections are allowed to be overturned, we will go back to
>>> the days when Big Cable throttled websites based on what internet companies
>>> paid, blocked traffic to sites that competed with their own services, and
>>> redirected sites without user permission—all with impunity.
>>>

>>> Kris
>>>

>> Regards,
>> John Levine, johnl at iecc.com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for
>> Dummies",
>> Please consider the environment before reading this e-mail. https://jl.ly
>>
>> At-Large Official Site: http://atlarge.icann.org

Minority and Women-owned Company Small Business Financing Guide and
Workbook: https://www.minorityfinance.com/mfinform1.html
Twitter: @CreativeInv

My new book: The JOBS Act: Crowdfunding for Small Businesses and Startups
https://www.amazon.com/JOBS-Act-Crowdfunding-Businesses-Startups/dp/1484224086/

202-455-0430

"Evil is not driven out, but crowded out...through the expulsive power of
something good. " MLK

This communication (including all pages in this email and any attached
document) are for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain
confidential information. Unauthorized use, distribution, disclosure or any
action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on this document is
prohibited, and may be unlawful.  By inadvertent disclosure of this
document Creative Investment Research, Inc. and William Michael Cunningham
do not waive confidentiality privilege with respect hereto. This
writing/publication is a creative work fully protected by all applicable
copyright laws, as well as by misappropriation, trade secret, unfair
competition and other applicable laws. No copyright is claimed in the text
of statutes, regulations, and any excerpts from others’ reports or articles
quoted within this work. Copyright©2017 by William Michael Cunningham and
Creative Investment Research, Inc. All rights reserved – including the
right to reproduce in whole or in part in any form.