[At-Large] Massive Ransoware "WannaCry"

Ish Sookun ish at lsl.digital
Mon May 15 06:08:12 UTC 2017

Hi Salanieta,

On 14/05/17 23:16, Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro wrote:

> MESSAGE FROM CERT GHANA
>
> On, May 12, at about 5:00 pm GMT, a massive ransomware hit
> computer systems of hundreds of private companies and public organizations
> across the world which is believed to have the highest infection rate of
> all time.
> The Ransomware in question has been identified as a variant of
> ransomware known as WannaCry (also known as 'Wana Decrypt0r,' 'WannaCryptor'
> or 'WCRY').

Thank you for sharing the CERT Ghana message.

I learned about the ransomware incident from news agencies and a US-CERT
tweet. I am subscribed to the CERT Mauritius newsletter but nothing came
here. I emailed CERT-MU to enquire whether any ransomware incidents have
been reported in Mauritius.

Regards,

Ish Sookun