[At-Large] Auction Proceeds - where we are and what you can help

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Sun May 14 21:58:22 UTC 2017

On 14 May 2017 at 17:27, <bzs at theworld.com> wrote:

> That said I would agree that there is a tendency when running any
> ​ ​
> business that "excess" cash tends to get allocated one way or another
> ​ ​
> barring an iron-willed commitment otherwise which is not what I'd
> ​ ​
> expect of an organization structured like ICANN.

​I don't know about that.

I've been involved with some nonprofits that believe it imperative to, as
possible, maintain a reserve fund to deal with unintended or unanticipated
circumstances. The amount of this reserve may be capped by taxation
authorities who don't want it too high, but having a substantial fund to
guard against liability, especially in uncharted territory such as ICANN's,
is certainly prudent.

​- Evan
​