[At-Large] Auction Proceeds - where we are and what you can help

John R. Levine johnl at iecc.com
Fri May 12 20:41:36 UTC 2017

> I agree. There is a generally lack of knowledge about ICANN in my community.

I'm sure there's a lack of knowledge about all sorts of things, but that
doesn't mean there is a charitable purpose to PR about them.  ICANN is
bound by American 501(c)(3) rules, and while "educational" is one of the
permitted purposes, it'd be quite a stretch to say that telling someone
wbout how great and important one is would be educational.

R's,
John