[At-Large] Unsubscribe me please

Alejandro Pisanty apisanty at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 08:16:43 UTC 2017

Karl,

can we stick to the communications project? there are widely differing
views about the rest.

Alejandro Pisanty

On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 1:51 AM, Karl Auerbach <karl at cavebear.com> wrote:

> On 2/20/17 9:39 PM, Dr. Alejandro Pisanty Baruch wrote:
>
> It is also notable given the experience that even Karl as an ICANN
> Director only attended one meeting outside the US during his tenure.
>
> 1. I attended nearly every board meeting during my term, including several
> outside of N. America.   My record is still online.  Why would one want to
> disseminate such a sorry canard?
>
> In addition, after my seat was erased I attended ICANN board-created
> committee meetings in Europe and elsewhere at which I was instrumental in
> in mitigating the destruction of the system of publicly elected directors
> that had occurred by helping to bring forth the representation (albeit
> limited to one seat) that the public now has on ICANN's board.   I might
> suggest to those reading this that they inquire as to the names of the
> prime movers on ICANN's board who sought to erase the system which had
> brought publicly selected directors onto that board.
>
> And up to that time I was the only director who had ever bothered to
> exercise due diligence and inquire, as a director is empowered to do, into
> the adequacy of ICANN's business and financial practices.  As a result of
> my efforts ICANN's financial position was made more clear (for instance I
> clarified whether a $667,000 body of money was a loan to ICANN, a gift, or
> a pre-payment on future fees), and as a result of my efforts ICANN began to
> formalize its employee policies and bring them into conformance with the
> law, and as a result ICANN began to require more formal documentation and
> approvals for travel, and as a result ICANN's board was put onto a road
> that eventually resulted in better taking and publication of minutes and
> votes.
>
>                 --karl--

     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
Facultad de Química UNAM
Av. Universidad 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico
+52-1-5541444475 FROM ABROAD
+525541444475 DESDE MÉXICO SMS +525541444475
Blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
Unete al grupo UNAM en LinkedIn,
http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/4A106C0C8614
Twitter: http://twitter.com/apisanty