[At-Large] Unsubscribe me please

Karl Auerbach karl at cavebear.com
Tue Feb 21 07:51:16 UTC 2017

On 2/20/17 9:39 PM, Dr. Alejandro Pisanty Baruch wrote:
> It is also notable given the experience that even Karl as an ICANN
> Director only attended one meeting outside the US during his tenure.
1. I attended nearly every board meeting during my term, including
several outside of N. America.   My record is still online.  Why would
one want to disseminate such a sorry canard?

In addition, after my seat was erased I attended ICANN board-created
committee meetings in Europe and elsewhere at which I was instrumental
in in mitigating the destruction of the system of publicly elected
directors that had occurred by helping to bring forth the representation
(albeit limited to one seat) that the public now has on ICANN's board.
I might suggest to those reading this that they inquire as to the names
of the prime movers on ICANN's board who sought to erase the system
which had brought publicly selected directors onto that board.

And up to that time I was the only director who had ever bothered to
exercise due diligence and inquire, as a director is empowered to do,
into the adequacy of ICANN's business and financial practices. As a
result of my efforts ICANN's financial position was made more clear (for
instance I clarified whether a $667,000 body of money was a loan to
ICANN, a gift, or a pre-payment on future fees), and as a result of my
efforts ICANN began to formalize its employee policies and bring them
into conformance with the law, and as a result ICANN began to require
more formal documentation and approvals for travel, and as a result
ICANN's board was put onto a road that eventually resulted in better
taking and publication of minutes and votes.

                 --karl--