[At-Large] [ALAC] Idea for an alternative to the EMM proposed in the At-Large Review

Aida Noblia aidanoblia at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 12:35:45 UTC 2017

According to Maureen and Winthrop  in preference over the current ALS model
over the ISOC model. The ISOC-style country unification model could be
allowed to unify all individual Internet users who did not participate in
an ALs. There, the two systems would coexist: on the one hand all the ALs
of a country and on the other side ISOC, as a separate organization,
representing the individual voices of the individual users of that country
that do not integrate any ALs.

 But the direct voice of the ALS in ICANN seems to me preferable and more
transparent because it is the expression of different internal groups
within the same country, which are sometimes quite different or have
different interests. If these voices have to be agreed upon in a single
voice, the expression of their interests is nullified, because they have to
be agreed upon in a single voice and therefore would not be reflecting
exactly the position of the different parties that comprise it, different
parts of the community of Internet.

Aída Noblia

Aida Noblia