[At-Large] R: CCWG Accountability WorkStream 2 Questions on ICANN Jurisdiction

Vanda Scartezini vanda at uol.com.br
Tue Feb 7 14:48:24 UTC 2017

Roberto
Will become worse for while, but we are also seeing huge reaction from inside US, so my expectation will be only mild changes on the Internet, if any ( more probably) , and in the free circulation of people to and from US.
I do not believe that jurisdiction of ICANN will affect more than normally happens related to visa issues, other countries do have restrictions too and some are more unpredictable then US.
If it will happen any relevant interference on Internet ( $ power will forbid, I believe)then will be time to rethink the jurisdiction. Till then I do not believe in huge impact.
 My 0,00002 cents

Vanda Scartezini
Polo Consultores Associados
Av. Paulista 1159, cj 1004
01311-200- Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Land Line: +55 11 3266.6253
Mobile: + 55 11 98181.1464
Sorry for any typos.
HAPPY 2017!

On 2/7/17, 12:14 PM, "Roberto Gaetano" <at-large-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org on behalf of roberto_gaetano at hotmail.com> wrote:

    Actually, I was thinking in terms of similar lines, but also wondering whether under the Trump administration the jurisdiction issue would not become worse.
    R.