[At-Large] R: IGO names: is this worth war?

bzs at TheWorld.com bzs at TheWorld.com
Thu Nov 3 05:36:33 UTC 2016

On November 2, 2016 at 20:05 julf at julf.com (Johan Helsingius) wrote:
 > Barry,
 >
 > > When you analyze this it's anyone with a recognizable mark. This is
 > > really just a special case of intellectual property protection.
 >
 > That is exactly the position of GNSO - there are already protection
 > mechanisms in place for intellectual property protection in the
 > procedures. Somehow some IGO's just seem to want to be special.

The devil as always is in the details. My sense is that in principle
everyone wants to do the right thing but what exactly that right thing
is remains unclear.

A success would be formulating some overarching resolution which will
be useful in the no doubt many other cases which will come forward.

--
        -Barry Shein