[At-Large] WEBCAST WED/THU – DNS Forum in Washington DC

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Tue Sep 13 19:00:09 UTC 2016

I trust everyone has had a good and peaceful summer! Now it's back to the
action! Tomorrow Wednesday is a big day! Not only is the Senate having its
hearing on IANA (I'll cover that in a separate mail) but, also in
Washington DC, top DNS industry players from the  Europe, North America
,and Latin America will be coming together to hash out some hard topics.
When both are on late morning it will be like football Sunday for DNS
freaks! But, these issues affect us all so we should pay attention. One has
to admire the way the DNS Forum postpones its final session til the
following day, just so that everyone will be fresh.

[image: Livestream]
<https://livestream.com/internetsociety/dnsforum/>On
*Wednesday/Thursday
September 14-15 2016*, *Public Interest Registry <https://pir.org/>*, *CENTR
<https://www.centr.org/>*, *LACTLD <https://www.lactld.org/en/>*,*
i2Coalition <https://www.i2coalition.com/>*, and *ISOC-DC
<http://isoc-dc.org>* will present a *DNS Forum
<https://pir.org/events/dns-forum/>* in Washington DC. The event brings
together a diverse group of experts to discuss the impacts of policy on DNS
(domain name system) technical operators. Panelists and audience members
will discuss the implications of privacy, security, and content policies
for these technical operators and how the technical community can best
engage in the evolving multistakeholder model of Internet governance. The
entire event will be webcast live via the *Internet Society Livestream
Channel <https://livestream.com/internetsociety/dnsforum>*.

* What: DNS Forum <https://pir.org/events/dns-forum/> Where: Center for
Strategic and International Studies, Washington DC When: Wednesday Sep 14 -
9AM-4PM | Thursday Sep 15, 9AM–11:30AM (EDT=UTC-4) Agenda:
https://www.isoc-dc.org/next-event-the-dns-forum/
<https://www.isoc-dc.org/next-event-the-dns-forum/> Webcast:
https://livestream.com/internetsociety/dnsforum
<https://livestream.com/internetsociety/dnsforum> Twitter:
https://twitter.com/hashtag/DNSForum <https://twitter.com/hashtag/DNSForum>*

Comment <http://isoc-ny.org/p2/8633#respond>    See all comments
<http://isoc-ny.org/p2/8633#comments>

http://isoc-ny.org/p2/8633
  <http://isoc-ny.org/p2/8633>
- <http://isoc-ny.org/p2/8633>
​

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast