[At-Large] R: R: IGF Germany

Baudouin SCHOMBE b.schombe at gmail.com
Fri May 20 10:51:44 UTC 2016

I agree with Roberto concerns. To contribute to this exchange, I inform us
that in DR Congo, we are able to implement the national IGF respecting
Articles 72 and 73 of the Tunis Agenda

So we have an executive secretariat, a national MAG where the government,
private sector, universities, the technical community, some international
organizations are members. We have set a ceiling of 30 members but we
formed a 60-member database while taking account of the 26 provinces of the
DRC.

However, such a multi-stakeholder consultation framework can operate
credibly if the official guardianship authority did not endorse. Thus  IGF
DRC has been endorsed by the Ministry in charge of ICT while recognizing
the autonomy of this platform.

Officially, we exist, but to raise funds for DRC IGF activities from local
donors, and for opening a bank account, he was required us the legal
character of this national platform. Following discussions between the
actors involved in this process, it was requested to the ministry to make a
ministerial order.

The IGF DRC retains its independent multi-stakeholder character with a
legal identity that allows us to conduct our activities at national level.

*SCHOMBE BAUDOUIN*

*SECRETAIRE EXECUTIF FGI-IGF RDC*

*COORDINATION NATIONALE CAFECICANN/AFRALO Member*
*ISOC Member*
Téléphone mobile:+243998983491/+243813684512
email                  : b.schombe at gmail.com
skype                 : b.schombe
blog                    : http://akimambo.unblog.fr