[At-Large] [lac-discuss-en] Issues regarding the Lack of Accountability and Transparency in LACRALO

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 02:50:16 UTC 2016

Hi,

Honestly I am not sure I have good clarity yet on what ICANN staff would
have done differently (well except for the Ombudsman's response). I think
staff tries to provide information and facts as much as possible while
leaving it to the community to decide(which is the right thing to do in
this situation).

We probably would have had issues as well if staff used veto over the
decision of LACRALO leadership, as certain level of independence is
required.

Overall, I think this is a very delicate situation and we need to be
careful on how we handle this without giving the impression that we as a
community cannot resolve our challenges internally without relying on
staff. I think bullet point 2 of the document shared by Dave is a critical
thing we need to look at.

I am particularly concerned that this issue has lingered thus far. I
encourage the ALAC Chair to give this issue full priority(just incase this
hasn't happen), it's also something the ALT can take-up formerly pending
review of ALAC process.

Regards