[At-Large] I: [ALAC-Announce] ICANN News Alert -- Notice of Preliminary Determination To Grant Registrar Data Retention Waiver Request for Ascio Technologies, Inc. Danmark - filial af Ascio Technologies, Inc. USA

Karl Auerbach karl at cavebear.com
Fri Dec 18 02:27:33 UTC 2015

I do not like the notion that is being advocated here, which is that the
internet is a land in which guilt is presumed and that innocence must be
proved.

I rather take a different tack - I presume that people and organizations
are innocent.  This is not a new or unique point of view.

If one wants to penetrate privacy that person ought to be required:

    - To make a clear accusation stating:

       - The identity of the accuser

       - The nature and extent of the unlawful behaviour

       - Evidence that the accused is engaging in that behaviour.

       - Proof that the accuser has the right for relief.

    - All of this should be delivered (if possible) the accused.

Then the accused should have an opportunity to rebut.

And all of this should be, at the option of the accused, included in a
public ledger so that we can see who are abusive accusers.

         --karl--