[At-Large] Fwd: [] Final Issue Report on New gTLD Subsequent Procedures

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Thu Dec 10 07:31:29 UTC 2015

On 09-Dec-15 17:56, Christopher Wilkinson wrote:
> More generally, TLD policy should protect the Registrant. Apparently that is not part of the new gTLD deal. Or is it?

To an extent.  Contractual conditions, consensus policies, predictable
processes, adherence to the law.  We certainly need more privacy
protection &c.  Some of us even want to go so far as to make sure the
registrants' human rights are protected.

Beyond that are registrants to be protected from all consequences of
their purchasing choices?  Why?  If I pay money for something that turns
out to be less that I hoped it would be, as so often happens, why should
I be protected from that?  Businesses fail.  And when they do, their
loyal customers are affected as well.

avri

avri

---