[At-Large] ICANN oversight

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 13:26:05 UTC 2015

Hi Parminder,

I would disagree that the GNSO is captured by the Domain Services entities.

here is the makeup of the GNSO Council;

https://gnso.icann.org/en/about/gnso-council.htm

While there are equal numbers of councilors from Contracted parties and
non-commercial parties (and more biz/IP/ISP folks as well), this does not
mean "capture".

In my experience as a member of a Contracted Parties House, these folks are
interested in the public interest as well as their own groups interests.

In short, i don't see "capture" as being applicable.

Cheers,

McTim