[At-Large] ICANN oversight

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Sat Oct 10 18:40:37 UTC 2015

Hi,

Community accountability is the reason I have been recommending that the
Single member (SM) also be subject to the IRP on a basis similar to the
Board.

And why I now support very high thresholds for the community powers -
which should prevail in my opinion, when there is community consensus
(defined similar to GAC consensus).

avri

On 10-Oct-15 11:38, Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond wrote:
> Dear Parminder,
>
> my personal point of view is that whilst I am comfortable with some
> additional accountability measures to be ingrained in ICANN's DNA in
> order to prevent the Board from going rogue, I am very uncomfortable
> with giving all of the power to the Community to overrule the Board
> *without additional checks and balances imposed on the community too*.

---