[At-Large] ICANN oversight

Bill Silverstein icann-list at sorehands.com
Sat Oct 10 17:17:44 UTC 2015

Amen!

The ICANN Board and policies indicate that it wants to do nothing but
collect money, take trips, and provide lip service. It took years to get a
procedure in place to file complaints regarding falsified Whois data. This
is after being embarrassed about about doing nothing Whois addresses of
Yellow Brick Road, Oz, Kansas being on some records and not doing anything
about it.

The RAA, for years have included a provision of No third party
beneficiaries, which invalidates section 3.7.7.3 (See Balsam v. Trancos),
but have done nothing to correct it.   Essentially what ICANN is saying is
that you can place false information into a Whois and nothing can be done
about it.

ICANN needs to have people that will oversee its actions, or lack of.