[At-Large] News on the .health TLD allocation

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 16:05:11 UTC 2014

On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 2:57 AM, Evan Leibovitch <evan at telly.org> wrote:

<snip>
Happy Belated Birthday!

 The

> rejection (so far) of Policy Advisory Councils by ICANN -- as ALAC has
> proposed -- has not helped matters from a public-interest PoV.

The ALAC proposal (as I understood it) didn't guarantee the public interest
either.

For example, in the case of .pharmacy, it would have allowed any dodgy
cross-border outfit selling drugs without a license to get a seat on the
TLDs PAC.  In fact, there could be many such rogue pharmacies "stacking"
such an Advisory Council.

BTW, .pharmacy already has an Advisory Group in place.

--
Cheers,

McTim