[At-Large] [EURO-Discuss] VOTE RESULTS: 2014 At-Large Board Director (Seat #15) Selection Process

Karl Auerbach karl at cavebear.com
Sat Apr 5 02:59:08 UTC 2014

On 04/04/2014 04:28 PM, Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond wrote:

> I'd like to hear more from our Community on whether they think we should
> be pushing for a second director position now that we've had another
> successful round of selection of a Board Director.
>
> Fadi Chehadé mentioned today the Election in At-Large when speaking

Another useful reform, one that has been on the table since ICANN was
initially created, is to remove the President/CEO from having a seat on
the board of directors.

This would help redress the institutional weakness of ICANN's board
vis-a-vis its hired executive officers.  It would help make it clear
that the board of directors is in charge and that the officers,
particularly the President/CEO serve the board, not vice versa.

	--karl--