[At-Large] VOTE ANNOUNCEMENT: At-Large Board Director - VOTE ROUND 2
ICANN At-Large Staff
staff at atlarge.icann.org
Wed Mar 19 18:09:09 UTC 2014
Tijani Ben Jemaa, Chair of the Board Member Selection Process Committee (BMSPC) 2014, has asked that VOTE ROUND 2 be held to select the Board Director (Seat #15) selected by ALAC/At-Large for 2015-2017 (to take their seat at the 2014 AGM).
Question: Who do you support to become the Board Director (Seat #15) selected by ALAC/At-Large for 2015-2017? Please select one candidate from the list below (Listed in alphabetical order of the family name):
* Rinalia Abdul Rahim
* Sébastien Bachollet
* Alan Greenberg
Please note that the poll for VOTE ROUND 2 will be open from Saturday, 22-March-2014 08:00 SGT (00:00 UTC) to Sunday, 23-March-2014 17:45 SGT (09:45 UTC).
* Once open, electorates will receive Vote Credentials that contain links to BigPulse, the online platform, to cast your vote.
* Staff will send reminders, as well as call electorates who haven’t voted before the poll closes.
* VOTE ROUND 2 will be a simple majority: each electorate member chooses only one candidate for whom they will cast their vote. The candidate with the highest votes wins.
* If one of the candidates has more than 50% of the votes cast, that candidate will be declared the winner.
* If no candidate receives more than 50% of the votes cast, the candidate with the least number of votes is dropped, and a second vote with only 2 candidates starts on Sunday, 23 March at 18:45 SGT (10:45 UTC) and closes on Wednesday, 26 March at 14:00 SGT (06:00 UTC). This vote will also be a simple majority vote. The credentials will be sent on Sunday, 23 March at 18:45 SGT (10:45 UTC).
At the closure of the vote poll, if one of the candidates has more than 50% of the votes cast, this candidate is declared the winner, and the Board Director selection process is completed. If not, a random tie breaking operation will be undertaken on Wednesday, 26 March at 15:30 SGT (07:30 UTC)
The official announcement of the winner will be reported on Thursday, 27 March 2014.
Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco, Matt Ashtiani, Ariel Liang, Gisella Gruber, Nathalie Peregrine and Julia Charvolen
ICANN Policy Staff in support of ALAC
E-mail: staff at atlarge.icann.org<mailto:staff at atlarge.icann.org>
More information about the At-Large