[At-Large] [Registrants-rights] That Revised PICDRP

Holly Raiche h.raiche at internode.on.net
Thu Oct 3 23:06:40 UTC 2013

I guess it is my turn.

One of my real objections to the proposed and Sally led meeting Monday afternoon is that we were planning a third multi stakeholder forum - this time on the new gTLDs - to have a hard look at the many many issues that we have raised and finally ask is there anything that can be done.  That includes PICS, it includes the metrics, it includes the totally nonsensical rulings on con/can and the singular plural issue, and the IP issues, and the issues of applicant support.  In the end, it is a litany of quick fixes that have not fixed.  So maybe time to say so, rather than object to each issue individually.

That said, yes, the PICS were an add on, largely at the GAC request that, if people say they are going to do something, then they should do it.  But enforcing it after the fact has proved - not surprisingly - very problematic.  Another issue with the gTLDs gone bad.

Maybe the multi stakeholder forum - if it is held - could be titled what is right with the new gTLDs.  It would be a very short session.

Holly