[At-Large] Appointment

Roberto Gaetano roberto_gaetano at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 30 19:13:02 UTC 2013

Hi all.

Sorry for the cross posting, but it is an announcement, not a discussion.

I have been selected for the Board of PIR.

This appointment will not change my commitment with ALAC, and in particular
my engagement for the organization of the ATLAS II.

My understanding is that the participation in activities for the benefit of
the internet community at large go together well with the participation to
the Board of a Registry that is acting for the Public Interest.

I am in particular excited to join at this point in time, when PIR is a
candidate for the management of TLDs intended for the public benefit, like
TLDs for Non-Governmental Organizations and IDN TLDs.

Best regards,

Roberto