[At-Large] Updates from Durban

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Sat Jul 13 04:54:04 UTC 2013

Dear All,

General Update
Day 2 of the Africa DNS Forum starts at 9:00am which is in 2 hours of my sending this email.  Remote streaming is available at the link I shared yesterday. It was great to see Chaitanya participate remotely and have his questions answered. So far, the generosity of the South African hospitality is really awesome.

Today, there will be a session on Registrar Accreditation Agreement and diverse speakers. People are still arriving into Durban for the ICANN 47 and preparatory meetings have started for some. Will post the link for streaming or to see meeting schedules.

Last night, we went to this African Dinner and watched a promotional video by Africa.com that is up on You Tube, see: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qKUVfcXB14w&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DqKUVfcXB14w

The ATRT2 also had their dinner last night at Mojo Restaurant at the U Shaka Marine World.

I am not sure whether they (Africa.com)are bidding for .africa
The movie shows an interesting perspective of Africa that contradicts what is usually broadcasted. My favorite bit was Kenya being Africa's Silicon Valley. It is a powerful piece about the desire of a people to determine the course of their own destiny.

It was also great to meet Andrew R from Solomon Telekom at Durban domestic Airport and David Conrad and others in Durban. We were on the same flight but did not know that was him. Congratulations to all the Fellows and this particular ICANN meeting promises to be doubly interesting.

I would encourage people to stream into sessions that interest them and participate.

Sent from my iPad