[At-Large] ICANN Strikes it Rich!

John R. Levine johnl at iecc.com
Sat Nov 3 12:29:06 UTC 2012

> Hmmm ... a prudent investment in low risk, low interest accounts would
> have been appropriate.

ICANN thought they did that when they lost the $5M.  Like I said, they
appear to have learned their lesson.

The two accounts that Bill suggested are good for $250K apiece.  That
still leaves $351.5M to place.  Any suggestions?

I am no great fan of ICANN, but in an environment where interest rates are
at 0.1%, the amount of interest they are forgoing is insignificant
relative to the overall amounts involved, and any alleged plan to earn
some interest generally brings more risk (often not apparent to the person
proposing it) than reward.

Regards,