[At-Large] ICANN Keeps it Money in a Non-Interest Bearing Account!

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 23:12:50 UTC 2012

This thing has got my goat.

I'm now prepared to say this decision by ICANN management approximates a
gift.....to less than deserving bankers.  And all this while some elements
cavil and carry-on about an At-Large mission to the IGF 2012!

Its as if there is no understanding that money has time value!

Now, I spent a little while as a senior banker.  And while I'm sanguine
that bankers tend to the poorly with use of information, they surely in
this case must know this is a gift in spades to them.

One of my distinguished correspondents, a guy I know thinks outside the
box, had this to say "*A decision to forego fair market value is
essentially a decision to gift that fair market value onto another.*".

Yessir, that it is!

And we could fairly say this decision constitutes a repudiation of the duty
of the officers to the public benefit.

- Carlton