[At-Large] Verisign files a patent on domain transfers

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 19:48:11 UTC 2012

Um, well, actually this ain't the first with respect to the DNS.

Sadly enough, while we have a long - and recorded - history of domain name
transfer discussions, I can't recall seeing a single process to do it
outlined.

And FWIW, awarding patents to processes is now well embedded in US patent
application procedures and accorded in law.

All we can do is hope that in the record of discussions, enough pieces of
'process' were laid out to to convince the PTO these guys are copycats.

A take off point for the discussion has to be 'who benefits'? Look at the
amount of data the process forces capture!

Apropos a BBC report I heard this morning at 3a, makes me think how
unfortunate for Huawei that it is incorporated in China, the poor benighted
bastards!  Were they true blue and raised 'East, West, North and South of
the Pecos', why, .....

..and especially when we are constantly being asked to believe, purely on
one hand, that our 'blood and state are shadows, not substantial things'....

...you feel the hand of Esau even as you hear the voice of Jacob....

- Carlton

Carlton A Samuels
Mobile: 876-818-1799