[At-Large] R: Board solicitation of input on how it should receive input and advice

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Wed Oct 3 13:46:45 UTC 2012

Dear Roberto,

adding to Cheryl's note, I also refer you to the At-Large Improvements
Final Report, specifically section 13.3:
"Processes between SOs, ACs and the Board need to be developed/
strengthened to provide feedback on how the ALAC’s advice has been
considered and used."

This was marked as Superceded & with a Watching Brief and points to
recommendation 7 of the Final Recommendations of the ATRT. To re-open
the discussion at square 1, that is, "how should the Board receive input
and advice outside the public comment process", is indeed not a
particularly efficient way of addressing the problem when many of the
answers to recommendation 6 are probably found in recommendation 7 of
that same ATRT document.

Our Improvements final report submitted to the SIC is probably a good
document to point at.
http://www.atlarge.icann.org/correspondence/correspondence-14jun12-en.htm

Alan being the pen-holder, I hope we will not be tasked with spending
too much time on this. I would recommend that our Statement points to
all of the aforementioned documents to minimise our work in this process.

Kind regards,

Olivier

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD
http://www.gih.com/ocl.html