[At-Large] Board solicitation of input on how it should receive input and advice

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Wed Oct 3 07:25:15 UTC 2012

On 2 October 2012 23:40, Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca> wrote:

> I call your attention to a recently opened Public Comment in which
> the ICANN Board solicits input on how it should receive input and
> advice in making its decisions.

*Dear sirs,*

*Thoroughly and transparently.*

*Sincerely,*
*The ALAC*

> I have been asked by Olivier to lead the development of an ALAC
> contribution, supported by Cheryl.

I add this to the never-ending pile of diversionary ICANN procedural time
wasters, especially in regard to ALAC advice.

Our methods for providing advice are fine, and for us to refine internally.
The Board's methods for considering that advice stink; however they are not
within the scope of this soliticitation. They don't even know the right
question to ask; instead all we have, really, is a public comment process
to talk about public comment processes, the height of absurdity. As such,
the reply I've suggested above should be more than sufficient.

The boundless capacity of the Board to waste its community volunteers' time
is truly something to behold.

- Evan