[At-Large] [ALAC] ELECTION CALL for ALAC Officers to serve from 22 October 2012 to ICANN AGM 2013

John R. Levine johnl at iecc.com
Tue Sep 18 18:19:18 UTC 2012

> Insisting on rapid rotation -- for the sake of rapid rotation -- ensures
> that ALAC leadership will never have the depth necessary to deal with
> issues that matter to Internet end-users. Our adversaries -- those who
> dispense with the public interest because of financial gain -- have no such
> limits.

Indeed.  Experience in legislatures that impose term limits has shown that
its main effect is to move the power to staff and lobbyists who aren't
term limited.

I've always said that if you think someone's been in an office too long,
don't vote for him or her.  If nobody else is willing to run, then you
should either run or stop complaining.

R's,
John