[At-Large] R: R: Heidi in the ICANN Executive team

Roberto Gaetano roberto_gaetano at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 16 15:28:35 UTC 2012

Sébastien,
If I might have sounded like implying that ALAC was not doing well, this was not my intention, my point was just that we have a window of opportunity to have higher value for what we do. In this sense I agree about your question on whether we should think about processes and priorities.
Fadi showed already that he believes in the multistakeholder model. Maybe not all in ALAC know that in Prague he attended a Board - Alumni (i.e. former Board) breakfast, in which the point was made that the multistakeholder model works if *all* stakeholder groups are given fair opportunity to be heard, so we need additional help to reach out groups that for geographical, political, economic, cultural, or whatever else reason are less present in person in ICANN meetings.
I think that he got the message about ALAC (thanks also to the commitment of staff like Heidi), but he, being a business person, is now looking at achievements.
Last but not least, thinking about your quote about ALAC presence worldwide, I wonder whether in the review of the priorities we should confirm that outreach is a priority. I see the opportunity to get also more attention (budget?!?) to this subject by the new ICANN management.
Cheers,
R.