[At-Large] At-Large comments on new gTLD applications

Dev Anand Teelucksingh admin at ttcsweb.org
Thu Jul 26 17:44:01 UTC 2012

If there is any comment regarding a new gTLD application or applied
for string that could be used by the initial evaluation panels (or on
objection grounds to be seen by the Independent Objector or any DRSP),
then you can submit it to the gTLD RG for consideration by ALAC at
http://bit.ly/newgtld

Regarding the ALAC IDN proposal by the At-Large IDN Workng Group at
https://community.icann.org/x/EBIQAg , this is a At-Large policy
statement which is undergoing the typical At-Large policy comment
cycle (initial draft statement posted, comments received, draft final
statement produced, further comments, final statement sent to ALAC for
consideration). The intent of the ALAC IDN proposal would be sent to
the ICANN Board, if approved by ALAC.

The evaluation panels do not appear to have any say in which
applications they will evaluate first, but rather ICANN that would
decide which applications are sent to the panels for evaluation.

Furthermore, given that comments to ICANN's application comment forum
intended for evaluation panels must
- be on an applicant regarding a specific application (applied for string)
- be directed to the relevant evaluation panel (e.g., an application
comment directed to the Financial Capability evaluation panel should
cover topics relevant to application questions 45-­-50). If the
comment is not relevant to the reviews performed by the panel to which
it is directed, it will not be considered.

So anyone considering submitting the IDN proposal to the gTLD RG for
consideration by ALAC should keep this in mind.

Kind Regards,

Dev Anand Teelucksingh
gTLD RG chair