[At-Large] Guidance for Domain Name Orders

Christian de Larrinaga cdel at firsthand.net
Wed Mar 14 11:08:45 UTC 2012

I think this ICANN paper oversteps the mark significantly.
Encouraging extra judicial, extra jurisdictional executive actions is highly destabilising as it interferes with local multi-stakeholder processes.

ICANN is not in existence to replace localism with global control but to co-ordinate between local controls in regards the technical management of some of the Internet's unique resources.

Yes there is a problem with DNS being a significant vector for bad actors as well as good ones. No the solution to deal with bad actors is not this.

Christian